Medical Products Online - Information for consumers
from the US Food and Drug Administration. How to determine if
a site is legitimate; how to spot health fraud; and how to report
Place Health - Link collection about medical news, health
and fitness and some medical specialties.
Medical Review - Patient information medical site with daily
updates on latest medical news and research from over 100 medical
journals presented in a simple to understand language.
Healthcare Online - Portal and directory for medical news
for Health Care Policy and Research - Consumer health and
patient information on health plans and insurance, prescriptions,
conditions and diseases, surgery, quality of care, quitting smoking,
and prevention and wellness.
Care - Provides access to a network of medical professionals
and medical facilities.
W3 Pages - Index to medical information and resources.
- Provides basic information on medical conditions and procedures
including symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, predicted outcome and
Anywhere Health Web Channel: Tests and Tools - Informational
question and answer tool for assessing your personal health and
fitness. Addresses a variety of common conditions, diseases, and
the Doctors - Question and answer medical information site
provided by physicians.
- Provides a database of patient opinions and ratings of medicine
effectiveness. Also includes weekly consumer opinion polls on
healthcare topics, and a health care research assistance section.
Health Your Rights - Advice on everything from finding the
shortest waiting lists to what to do if you think you are a victim
of medical negligence.
News - Medical notes - Information briefs on health topics
related to the news, including several on environmental health
topics. Listed alphabetically.
Online - Information about a wide range of health conditions,
summaries of illnesses and treatments, and details of organizations
that can provide medical and emotional help and support.
for Health - A health and wellness portal which provides health
information, personalized newsletters and interactive health tools.
- Health news and medical information community for consumers.
Mail - Free health and fitness newsletters sent regularly,
including fitness tips for life, healthy living, herbal hotwire,
and biotech news.
- Provides life care products, services and tools. Contains links,
news, articles and suggested further resources on medical issues.
HealthWatch - Provides information and interactive health
management tools across a variety of disciplines.
Science shortwave broadcast periodicals. - Gives information
on accessing Christian Science broadcasts while hospitalized.
- Provides information on preventitive approaches in physical,
behavioural and emotional healthcare.
Health Care Information - Includes daily news, travel information
and disease management.
Health - Health news, chats and advice from CNN.
Consumer Network - This international group dedicated to the
study of evidence-based medicine, explains how to decipher clinical
studies and how to use them when making decisions about medical
Health Information Database - A database produced by health-related
agencies of the Federal Government. Provides titles, abstracts,
and availability information for health information and health
Reports® Online - Information and advice on health products,
services, and decisions.
- Includes information on clinics, family wellness, disease prevention,
diet, exercise and pharmacies.
Doctor's Credentials Search - Search for a Doctor's Medical
School, Board Certification, residence training, licensing, disciplinary
action (if any), and other important information.
City - Health - Health resources and providers across the
Health - Offers news and a variety of health information resources.
Articles - An index of articles on various diseases for health
Disorders and Related Topics - Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm,
Sweden. Comprehensive listings of links to medical information,
most reliable, some not.
Healthynet - Offers diagnosis and treatment of conditions
and diseases, medical procedures, preventive health guidelines,
and sources of free medicines.
- Provides searches for background information on medical doctors
or doctors of osteopathic medicine.
- Resources for information regarding medicine, doctors, health,
fitness and related topics.
Koop's Community - Former Surgeon General Koop's resources
for health information. A wide variety of topics, an encyclopedia,
pharmacopeia, and resources guide.
University Healthy Devil On-Line - A wealth of online medical
resources and information.
of English and Spanish Health Information on the Internet
- The findings of a large study that describes and evaluates English
and Spanish health information on the Internet. Assesses search
engine performance and the quality and readability of health information
on the Internet, and provides conclusions and recommendations.
a Doctor in Your Area - Geographic directory of doctors with
links to their websites.
Health Online - A directory of health and fitness professionals
and health and fitness information.
- Locate health professionals anywhere in the world.
- Offers resources for consumers on medical conditions, treatment
Health News and Resources - Offers news and resources in the
MD - Clinical calculators of body surface area, breast cancer
risk and body mass.
Action - Health related articles on food, aging, ecology as
it relates to health.
& Family Resource Guide - Personal and professional sites
containing valuable information and links.
A to Z - Includes a directory of more than 50,000 professionally-reviewed
Internet resources, supportive online communities, and a calendar.
Communication Network - Provides the up-to-date health information
on a variety of subjects.
Consumer Alliance - Provides information to consumers and
advocates about access to health care for low-income consumers,
including consumer education materials in 13 languages.
Depot - Directory to health and medical sites about diet,
fitness, disabilities, diseases, health resources, products and
Forums - Customized libraries of health and well-being information.
Log in to access an extensive library of resources.
In Depth - Health information links to newspapers, magazines
and internet resources.
In Focus - Independent UK health information and medical information
Leader - A webzine produced by The University of Texas Health
Science Center, which provides information to help you make better
decisions about your health.
Nutrition and Fitness - Search this extensive directory of
sites, focusing on exercise and fitness, nutrition, mental health,
depression and therapy, and diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Contains health news and information, including a health encyclopedia.
- Resources on numerous health topics. Includes a bulletin board
and discussion forum.
Risk Assessment - Useful health risk assessment.
- Health resource containing information on various disorders
and conditions. Also provides a newsletter, searchable resources
and health news.
(tm) - Resource for consumer health and human services.
- Offers information including diseases and conditions, nutrition,
exercise, mental health, live discussions and a message board.
- Grades the performance of hospitals, physicians, health plans,
nursing homes and other health care providers in the United States.
Plus - Consumer health information on general health, health
care providers, medical research, insurance, wellness, mental
health, and alternative medicine.
- Provides informational links covering all aspects of health.
/ Dr. David Clark - Information and alternatives on various
- Free reports on body fat percentage, body mass index, calorie
burning activities, target heart rate and smoking costs. Online
health risk assessment which provides resources based on your
- A membership healthcare network that helps individuals to become
more knowledgeable and active participants in managing their personal
Health Resources - Links to a wide variety of health sites.
- Directory of more than 1400 diseases and their signs and symptoms.
- An internet-based healthcare network that connects physicians
and patients to each other and to a virtual world of medical information,
tools, and services.
RX - An online information resource for health.
Health Library - Searchable index to healthcare sites.
Pharmacy and Online Pharmacies Verification - National Association
of Boards of Pharmacy provides searchable listings of approved
- Health portal covering subjects such as family health, beauty,
yoga, ayurveda, health and fitness.
Health Information - Information on health conditions, pharmaceuticals,
medical news, plus profiles of physicians and hospitals. Free
- Offers information on topics such as diabetes, irritable bowel
syndrom (IBS), hypertension, and epilepsy.
- Clinical experts provide current medical information and news
on health topics.
HealthLink - Features health news and information, produced
by the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Provides health and medical information, health tips, resources,
experts, news, chats, and community support.
- Providing consumers with healthcare information and resources
in every medical specialty. Providing physicians and patients
with an efficient way to create and store medical records interactively.
- Search engine for use in obtaining information relating to medicine
and health care. Also features editorials and medical quotes.
- Resource guide and medical database with information from health
Information Dictionary - Dictionary with extensive listings
on treatments. Current information on new medical procedures and
Medical Information Warehouse - Offers medical and disease
information including poison control and child abuse areas.
- Provides links to doctors' web sites, health, fitness, and delivers
answers to personalized health questions via e-mail.
- Provides interactive free health information on Womens, Childrens
and Family health concerns. The site also includes extensive information
on herbal medicines, supplements and First Aid. Bilingual, English/Spanish.
- Offers guides to American hospitals, health clinics, medical
practices and specialties.
OnLine - In-depth information on cancer for health care professionals
- A home health guide to diagnosis and treatment, and when to
see your doctor or go to hospital.
- Provides a safe health search for medical information available
on the internet.
- Directory of health related sites.
Electronic Library - Health Information Resources - Extensive
resources and links of interest to the health consumer and to
Machanic's Change Pages: Wellness and Health Info - Articles
on healthy foods, cancer and breast cancer. Includes comprehensive
links to additional resources for health and wellness.
- Provides information on health and wellness, daily health news
and message boards.
Institutes of Health -- Health Information Index - Main consumer
health information page for the National Institutes of Health
Frills Health - An easy to use and useful guide to health
sites on the net.
MD Program - A medical e-course, written for the everyday
layman. Easy to understand and digest.
Patient's Guide to the Internet - A step-by-step guide for
patients seeking medical information on the Internet.
- A medical portal for physicians and patients.
- Global International health, medical and disability resources
database. Categorized medical condition search for people with
disabilities or health impairments, their families and those providing
services and support.
- Offers nutrition and general health information.
- Science related resources for the public on health and disease.
Discussion boards, chat, news, patents, clinical trials and books.
- Doctor and hospital search, nutrition facts, drug and disease
lookup and health information.
- Free verification of name, location, and education of doctors
Second Opinion Medical Information Services - Medical treatment
options, physician background check service, best hospitals and
doctors. (Ft. Walton Beach, FL)[Fee based service - ed]
Opinion Medical Information Services - Searches for hospitals,
doctors, diagnosis and treatment options, and physician background
Door Home Healthcare Guide - Symptoms of common illnesses
and ailments. From the UK's on-line health service.
- An interactive medical diagnosis and treatment reference that
uses brief yes/no questions about a users symptoms to arrive at
possible conditions and treatments. [Please note the "Warning"
before proceeding - ed]
- TheHealthVine - Insight, information and opinions on health,
fitness, diet and medicine.
- Clinical trial search engine which helps health care consumers
find out about cutting edge therapies.
Network - Global health information network and community
that integrate every aspect of Health and Fitness in one place.
Medical Help ? - Offers a list of medical topics, and expert
- Browse the health channels to find information on diseases.
Browse the medication channels for information on the latest generic
and trade name drugs. Find your physician online.
Star Health, Science and Technology Resource Center - Free
online Medical Check up How healthly your are? Test your eye,
BMI, Carbs, Protein, Cholestrol, Heart, Height, Calories, depression,
Fats..etc., Plus articles, news and updates related to health
- Consumer - Frequently updated portal for healthcare, chat
forums, health quizzes, news and consumer product updates.
Planet - Information on achieving overall good health, news
articles on current health issues, and links to sites on integrated
and complementary health.
- Provides information on conditions, complementary treatments
and expert views, all written by doctors in the United Kingdom.
- Includes health resources, discussion and news.
World of Diseases - Catalog of links and information on diseases
and human conditions. Includes an online bookstore.
- Offers an online medical encyclopedia with a large medical slide
library and videos.
- Educational information and resources for the non-surgical healing
of pressure ulcers, at home.
Health IS Your Business - Site includes information on health
and wellness including primarily links to sites on the internet
on health and wellness.